Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Immunology
Precision Immune, Inc., a growing San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking qualified Research Associates/Sr. Research Associates who will play an integral role in moving our discovery research efforts into the clinic. We are seeking talented and motivated team members to support our research efforts in developing third generation immuno-oncology therapeutics.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Performing in vitro and ex vivo immunology-focused assays to assess the therapeutic potential of candidate immuno-oncology therapeutics, including cell subset isolation, immunophenotyping and immune function assays (multi-parameter flow cytometry, activation and proliferation bioassays, ELISA etc.)
• Working as part of a team to design, develop, and execute research activities. This includes every aspect of the process from review of relevant literature through to execution of experiments
• Organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
• Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques, and timely execution
• Potentially performing molecular biology-based techniques (e.g. cloning, PCR, qPCR, CRISPR), as well as protein production and analytical techniques for biophysical characterization of proteins
• Contributing to new target discovery efforts
• Contributing to building a culture that embraces continuous learning, improvement and innovation, and encourages team members to expand their technical skill base and deepen their immuno-biology expertise
• Bachelors or Masters in a life sciences discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an industrial pharmaceutical/biotechnology or academic lab setting
• Experience in standard immunological techniques including flow cytometry, CBA, ELISAs, proliferation and activation bioassays
• Experience with greater than 4 color flow cytometry and the DIVA software package is a plus
• Experience with standard cell culture techniques, as well as isolating and working with primary, blood- or tissue-derived cells
• Prior hands-on experience in hybridoma techniques including fusion, cloning, screening etc would be an added advantage.
• Histology and/or Immunofluorescence experience a plus
• Experience in molecular biology and/or protein production, purification and analysis techniques is a plus
• Excellent experimental record keeping and time management skills
• Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and quantitative analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and collaboratively work in cross-functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple activities
• Strong communication skills both written and oral with demonstrated ability to present ideas and information and data effectively via one on one discussions and team meetings
Precision Immune, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.