Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
The Calico Biochemistry Group is seeking a motivated and experienced RA/SRA to join our biochemistry and purification group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the purification and characterization of recombinant and native proteins, and carrying out biochemical and biophysical studies in support of multiple research projects. The candidate is expected to communicate with multi-disciplinary teams on protein production and biochemistry. This position will work both independently to drive technology development, and collaboratively as part of cross-functional research teams.
• BS/MS in biochemistry or related discipline plus 5+ year technical experience
• Expertise in protein purification techniques such as affinity, IMAC and SEC, and experience with characterization tools such as light scattering, molecular mass and HPLC analysis
• Technical abilities in biophysics and protein interaction technologies are also valued
• Experience with recombinant protein expression systems
• Experience with modern biochemical techniques, protein analytical tools and automated instrument operation is a plus
• Demonstration of accountability, ability for multi-tasking and attention to details are required
• Strong teamwork and communication skills are needed for this role
• Self-motivation with a “can-do” attitude is required for success in a highly effective team