Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with expertise in mass spectrometry. To succeed, you will need to be exacting and precise in your work, and comfortable working on challenging, complex problems. This is a hands-on, bench position, focused on sample preparation, and data analysis. You will participate in both the generation of large-scale metabolomics and proteomics data sets and smaller research projects.
• Preparation of metabolomics, lipidomics, and proteomics samples from tissues, cells, and biofluids
• Maintenance of HPLCs and mass spectrometers
• Develop and optimized methods for sample preparation and data analysis
• Analyzing data to share will collaborators
• BS/MS degree (PhD not required), in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related field
• Minimum 5 years experience in bioanalytical analysis, with at least 2 years of hands on mass spectrometry lab experience
• Incredible attention to detail, with a focus on generating the highest quality data
Other desirable qualifications:
• Prior work analyzing complex biological samples
• Familiarity with standard bioinformatics tools like Python, Perl, or R
• Sterile cell culture technique
• Experience developing new chromatography or mass spectrometry methods
• Possess excellent verbal/written communication skills