NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biotech company dedicated to discovering the next generation of medicines for the treatment of human diseases with unmet medical needs. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates, and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting edge science will provide the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated research associate/senior research associate to join our antibody engineering team that focuses on therapeutic antibody discovery and optimization using various molecular biology and protein engineering approaches. The person will mainly involve in the work of selecting and characterizing therapeutic antibodies from both naïve and immune sources, developing cutting-age technologies for antibody discovery and optimization. The candidate is expected to work in a highly collaborative environment, to drive scientific projects forward and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Isolate and characterize therapeutic antibodies from both naïve and immune sources.
• Develop cutting-age technologies for antibody discovery and optimization using phage display and other related technologies.
• Conduct experiments on lead antibody selection, antibody humanization, murine antibody sequencing.
• Attend research project team meetings and present the results.
• Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
• Having a wide range of molecular biology and antibody engineering techniques including RNA isolation, molecular cloning, sequencing analysis, mutagenesis, antibody library generation, screening and characterization.
• Working experiences of display technologies and automation will be a plus
• Excellent team work and collaboration skills, being able to work in a cross-functional environment
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
• Being able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of self-motivation.
• BA/BS in biology/biotechnology-related discipline with over 2-3 years or MS degree with 1-2 years of laboratory experience.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, and highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.