The California Institute for Biomedical Research is seeking a talented and experienced individual to fill a Research Associate position in the field of Immuno-Oncology. The candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to develop novel protein therapeutics for the CAR-T cell platform and bispecific antibody program. Research activities will focus on molecular biology and protein biochemistry. An ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
• A strong background in molecular biology is essential. The candidate must have experience with classical and assembly-based cloning methods. Proficiency with DNA/RNA isolation and purification, site-directed mutagenesis, and PCR is required. Experience in genome engineering and phage display is a plus.
• Experience with transient mammalian expression systems (HEK and/or CHO) and bacterial expression is essential. Prior experience in antibody, Fab, and/or scFv expression is highly preferred.
• Experience with purification of intracellularly expressed and secreted proteins, column-based chromatography (e.g., affinity capture, IEX, SEC, HIC), and SDS-PAGE is essential.
• Experience with protein mass spectrometry, qualitative and quantitative analysis by HPLC, and protein-protein binding kinetics is a plus.
• The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent ability to research, conceptualize, and organize project designs and maintain detailed documentation
• Highly motivated, creative, and devoted to project goals
• Able to collaborate proficiently and communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams
• Able to contribute in a meaningful way to scientific discourse
• BA/BS, MS, or PhD in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related area
• 3-5 years' of experience in protein science, molecular biology, or related setting
Details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.