Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) –in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in multiple cancers
- FPA144 – in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a talented research associate to join our Pharmacology group. The ideal candidate will have experience with immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence procedures, including tissue collection, sample processing, and general staining protocols. The individual will assist with experiments aimed at the evaluation of anticancer therapeutics in in vivo models and will report to a Scientist in the Pharmacology Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine histochemical processing (i.e. collection, fixation, trimming, embedding and sectioning of animal tissues)
- Perform all the routine and special histology staining either manually or using automated stainer
- Identify and validate reagents to perform immunohistochemisty or immunofluorescence staining
- Acquire images using fluorescence microscope or slide scanner and perform image analysis
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of the data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Pharmacology, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with immunohistochemistry and microscopy
- Experience with specimen processing and microtomy techniques (paraffin embedded and frozen tissues) is necessary
- Demonstrate ability to perform several staining procedures including: routine Hematoxylin and Eosin, immunofluorescence and immunohistochemical staining, in situ hybridization.
- Knowledge of fluorescence microscopy, image acquisition and image analysis is highly desired
- Experience with standards of care for laboratory mice and in vivo cancer models is a plus
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly understand complex concepts and laboratory procedures
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, diligent and reliable to meet deadlines
- Excellent record-keeping abilities
- Attention to details and positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned responsibilities
Please upload your cover letter and resume