At Fornia BioSolutions, we have a group of innovative, hardworking and collaborative people who work together to make sustainable products for agricultural and environmental markets. We offer employees a great compensation package. The package includes highly competitive salary and bonus program, comprehensive medical plans (health, vision, and dental insurance), life and AD&D insurance, and short and long term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid time off and corporate holidays. Fornia BioSolutions also provides employee stock options plans.
We are looking for highly motivated people willing to work in in a fast-paced, highly rewarding, and scientifically stimulating environment. If you’re interested in a career with Fornia BioSolutions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Develop and optimize fermentation processes and SOPs for producing recombinant proteins from yeast and fungal strains at various scales.
• Play a key role in the design and execution of scale-up/scale-down strategies for fermentation.
• Regular running of benchtop fermenters. Due to the nature of fermentation, the ability to work with a flexible schedule is mandatory.
• Maintain and troubleshoot benchtop fermenters as needed.
• Collaborate with microbiologists and biochemists for strain validation and characterization.
• Provide technical documentation, analyzed data, reports, presentations and protocols.
• Collaborate with customers on technology transfer, scale-up/scale-down between facilities. Provide troubleshooting and process optimization support for existing commercial processes.
• Ph. D in chemical/biochemical engineering or related field with 2+ years of relevant industrial experience, or Master’s degree in those disciplines with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience.
• Hands on experience with different scales of fermenters and process modeling.
• Expertise with applying various fermentation processes to ferment yeast and fungal strains for recombinant protein production.
• Expertise with writing and validating SOPs for fermentation related process.
• Experience in protein characterization including SDS-PAGE, protein quantitation, enzyme activity assays is required. Protein purification experience is a plus.
• Experience in enzyme engineering and/or strain development is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to approach solutions by systematic trouble-shooting in forms of peer-reviewed papers or patents.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team.
• Ability to think critically and creatively.
• Excellent collaboration, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills.
• Goal-oriented, organized individual with a strong desire to a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.