Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, located in the Houston Medical Center, is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel cellular immunotherapies for various forms of cancer, including both hematological and solid tumors, as well as orphan inherited blood disorders. We are dedicated to creating an exceptional work environment where we develop products that can make a difference in the quality of life for patients.
Bellicum Pharmaceuticals is currently recruiting a Research Associate ll for our immune monitoring group. The Research Associate ll will be responsible for the conduct of projects within the immune monitoring program, specifically processing and analyzing patient clinical samples and developing and implementing new assays to support human clinical studies.
Specific Job Duties
• Conduct projects within the immune monitoring program using cutting edge technologies.
• Process and analyse patient clinical samples, including isolation of PBMCs and analysis of immune cell phenotype and function using flow cytometry, ELISpot, multiplex and other assays.
• Assist in the development and implementation of new assays within the immune monitoring program.
• Analyse data and prepare technical reports summarising experimental results.
• Assist in the maintenance of flow cytometry equipment and supplies.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• A BSc or MSc in the life sciences or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years relevant industrial or academic experience.
• Expertise in immunological assays, including flow cytometry and cell function assays.
• Substantial experience in flow cytometry sample acquisition and analysis, using both BD and Beckman Coulter instruments is required. Experience using LSR II and Gallios is preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills, is required.
• Excellent computer skills with experience using flow cytometry analysis software, including FlowJo and Kaluza, and Microsoft office.
• Ability to work some irregular hours, including evenings or weekends, depending on workload.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards program including stock options and employer supported benefit premiums. We thank you for your interest in Bellicum and your submission. Please be advised that only those candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.