Abide Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs targeting the serine hydrolase enzyme family. Abide’s mission is to develop innovative medicines that target serine hydrolases, one of the largest enzyme classes in nature with validated, but mostly untapped therapeutic potential. Abide is a privately held biotechnology company that was founded by scientific research from Professor Ben Cravatt’s laboratories at The Scripps Research Institute.
If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and enjoy creative and challenging work, Abide may be the company for you.
The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with our biologists, medicinal chemists and clinicians to discover new therapeutics. The Research Associate position will function as an integral member of the team responsible for in vivo pharmacological characterization of new small molecule drug candidates. Research activities would include in vivo experimentation; such as profiling compounds in vivo to determine target engagement, compound exposures, and efficacy. Thus, the role requires competencies and experience in in vivo drug screening efforts. Analyzing and interpreting data and presenting results to project teams would be a critical part of the role.
• BS degree in Biology, Pharmacology or related discipline
• 1-5 years experience (industrial experience preferred)
• Working knowledge of in vivo models of drug discovery in rodents including proficiencies in dosing, blood collection, and necropsy techniques.
• Organization, execution and analysis of laboratory experiments using established protocols
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge in utilization of data analysis software including Microsoft Excel and GraphPad Prism
• Experience with preclinical pharmacology and preclinical models of disease a plus
• Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
• Positively contribute to an environment that fosters professionalism, teamwork, and collaboration
• Willing to work occasional weekend and evening hours
For additional information about Abide please visit our website at www.abidetx.com. In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Abide also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) Plan. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter.