Unity Biotechnology is a nascent integrated biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing medicines to treat chronic diseases associated with aging. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and are seeking to hire a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate in tissue evaluation and in vitro modeling. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to create clinical candidates for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate that into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The successful candidate should be a highly innovative and creative biologist who has hands-on experience with in vitro cellular- or tissue-based models for the identification and optimization of novel molecules.
The successful candidate will be both a strong lab-based individual contributor and a team player who synergizes with other scientists. The Research Associate in this role will develop in vitro models to characterize candidate molecules in diseased human tissues. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and presentation (verbal/written) of findings to the Discovery team. The candidate will have an important role in the generation of key datasets that are critical for the declaration of development candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or a Master’s degree with 1-2 years of experience
• Degree in Cellular Biology, Pharmacology or a related field is essential
• Experience conducting quantitative human cell-based assays is required; experience with human tissues (dissection/cell dissociation, explant cultures) and various primary cell types is preferable
• Experience with flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and multiplexed antibody-based detection methods is an advantage
• Hands-on proficiency with laboratory automation and microplate-based assay formats is highly desirable
• Creativity and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team to in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones
• Exceptional communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills