Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Introducing a new opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the VI Next group. As a Research Associate within the group, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, making targeting vectors to modify mouse embryonic stem cell, working closely with other scientists to support projects as they progress through the pipeline, developing and optimizing new technologies. Ideal candidates will have strong molecular biology skills, an understanding of immunology. Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required as you will also need to collaborate and build relationships with other departments across Regeneron.
The successful candidate will have a BS and 4-6 years experience or MS with 2-3 years experience. She/he should be able to immediately perform the following duties:
- Molecular cloning: PCR, Maxi prep, mini prep, restriction digests, Cas9 digests, Gibson assemblies, gel electrophoresis, sequence analysis
- Protein and other bio-assays: Western blotting, ELISAs, basic flow cytometry
In addition to these laboratory skills, the team member will:
- Maintain accurate records in an electronic notebook
- Analyze experimental data and present results in small and large group meetings
- Collaborate both within the group and with other Regeneron departments
- Keep up to date on developments in new molecular biology technologies as well as immunology through literature searches