We are seeking a detail-orientated research assistant to work in a new research area at the interface of cell biology and analytical chemistry. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with cell biology, working knowledge of mass spectrometry and a solid understanding of organic chemistry.
• Design and execute cellular assays to validate compound mechanism of action;
• Participate in a multidisciplinary research team with organic chemists, analytical chemists, and pharmacologists to develop new methods for measuring cellular function;
• Develop, optimize and miniaturize experimental protocols using robotic liquid handling devices;
• Maintain a wide range of primary and immortalized tissue culture cell lines;
• Analyze multivariate data, interface with internal database and communicate findings effectively to team and management.
MS in Cell Biology, Molecular Pharmacology, Chemical Biology, or a related field strongly preferred;
• 5-10 years of experience in the biotech/pharma industry;
• Proven track record of contributing to successful and innovative drug development projects, including assay development and model selection for in vitro and in vivo studies;
• Experience in preclinical high through-put assay development;
• Experience with both primary and immortalized cell culture techniques;
• Familiarity with HPLC and/or mass spec not required but will be helpful;
• Productive independent worker with excellent time management, communication, and team skills.