Let’s Make Things Happen!
Ajinomoto Althea, Inc. is a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization providing clinical drug process development and manufacturing services to global biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Althea is a leading expert in aseptic filling of drug product in vials and syringes, and our focused expertise and capabilities make us one of the industry’s top leaders for cGMP microbial fermentation of recombinant proteins and plasmid DNA. In conjunction with these manufacturing operations, Althea offers comprehensive development services including: upstream and downstream process development, complex formulations, lyophilization cycle, analytical development, product release and ICH-compliant stability testing.
Now is an exciting time to join Althea. We have talented people working together to help our clients advance their innovative product pipelines. We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth.
Our work atmosphere is fast paced, stimulating and customer focused. Employees take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Ajinomoto Althea is currently seeking a Research Associate III to develop/validate analytical methods and maintain analytical instrumentation. This position regularly exercises technical discretion in design, execution, and interpretation of experiments. The Research Associate III solves complex problems in creative and effective ways.
• Responsible for performing research and development experiments for projects and products in collaboration with others.
• Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
• Investigates, creates, and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
• Maintains laboratory notebooks, prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
• Creates and updates SOP’s.
• Contributes to project progress within scientific discipline through innovative research.
• Applies established principles, theories and concepts in areas of responsibility with a firm knowledge of related disciplines.
• Responsible for identifying patentable inventions and acting as investigator in conducting experiments.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• May supervise lower level personnel.
• Provides guidance to lower level personnel.
• May present information and analytical results internally or externally.
• Embodies Althea’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience with various analytical methodologies, which may include, but are not limited to, LC/MS, HPLC, immunochemical procedures, and light scattering instrumentation.
• Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of ICH guidelines in a cGMP environment.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
• Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
• Demonstrated ability to move a project forward independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.altheacmo.com and click on the Careers section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.