Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic and respiratory-based diseases. AGTC has multiple candidate gene therapeutics in or entering human clinical trials and is seeking a full-time Preclinical R&D Research Associate II for Target Analysis activities.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Cloning of novel gene sequences and their validation as therapeutic targets
• Assist in the design and construction of AAV vectors for in vitro assessment of proof-of-concept studies
• Develop and qualify new assay methods, including in vitro, cell-based, molecular assays and immunoassays
• Plan, execute and troubleshoot routine assays and procedures
• Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data in a timely manner
• Write and/or review SOPs, technical reports and study reports
• Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed
• Present scientific results at appropriate meetings
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
• A B.S. with 4+ years of experience or M.S. with 2 + years of experience with a degree in biological science.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Hands-on laboratory experience in common molecular biology, cell biology and protein chemistry techniques.
• Ability to design and develop new assay methods with minimal supervision
• Industry experience in molecular biology is highly desirable
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace.