Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
The Oncology and Angiogenesis team is seeking a highly skilled Research Associate to perform complex in vivo preclinical imaging experiments to characterize and validate novel anti-tumor therapeutics that engage the immune system. The qualified candidate will have a background in immunology or oncology, flow cytometry, cell culture, and murine tumor models, with preferred experience in preclinical imaging using fluorescence and/or radiation (PET or SPECT). The candidate must be highly motivated and organized with an attention to detail, and should effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues. We invite applications from individuals eager to use preclinical imaging techniques to support discovery and translational research.
- Perform all aspects of longitudinal imaging studies, including planning, set-up, animal handling, dosing, scanner operation, and ex vivo bio-distribution
- Perform ex vivo processing/purification of multiple tissues/cells for subsequent immunohistochemistry and/or multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Dose mice by intravenous, subcutaneous, and intraperitoneal injections, or oral gavage
- Perform cell culture, including passaging, expanding, cryopreservation, thawing and processing of cells
- Organize studies: timing of in vitro culturing, tumor implantation, and drug dosing
- This position requires a B.S./M.S. and at least 3-5 years of experience working with preclinical tumor models, including mouse handling, tumor cell implantation and tissue dissection
- Expertise in administration of experimental drugs in mice and the ability to make detailed observations of tumor growth and mouse health
- Experience or willingness to work with radioactivity
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Experience working with sterile cell culture techniques for the growth and maintenance of cell lines
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage and record details of several projects simultaneously
- Candidate should be competent in standard scientific software used for data analysis (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Prism), as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, interpret data, and troubleshoot Develop therapeutic immuno-oncology tumor models in immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice.
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.