aTyr Pharma is engaged in the discovery and clinical development of innovative medicines for patients suffering from severe rare diseases using its knowledge of Physiocrine biology, a newly discovered set of physiological modulators. The Company's lead candidate, Resolaris, is a first-in-class intravenous protein therapeutic for the treatment of rare myopathies with an immune component. Resolaris is currently in a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial in adult patients with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD); a Phase 1b/2 trial in adult patients with Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2B (LGMD2B or dysferlinopathies) or FSHD; and a Phase 1b/2 trial in patients with an early onset form of FSHD. To protect this pipeline, aTyr built an intellectual property estate comprising over 70 issued or allowed patents and over 240 pending patent applications that are solely owned or exclusively licensed by aTyr. aTyr's key programs are currently focused on severe, rare diseases characterized by immune dysregulation for which there are currently limited or no treatment options. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever. The successful candidate will play an important role in the advancement of current Physiocrine leads into clinical development.
This position is within the Discovery Biology Research team, which is responsible for discovering and characterizing the biology of Physiocrines, as well as generating and optimizing Physiocrine-based biotherapeutics from lead generation to lead optimization and preclinical development. We are seeking a motivated research associate to join our talented multidisciplinary team. You will be an important member of our research team and responsible for generation of expression vectors, transient expression of proteins in mammalian cell systems and optimization of expression conditions as well as small-scale purification of proteins and antibodies for protein engineering and structure/function analysis. You will also be responsible for characterizing biopharmaceutical properties using biochemical, analytical and biophysical techniques. You should possess strong core competency in molecular biology and protein biochemistry, with experience in protein purification, and protein characterization. Moreover, individuals within Discovery Biology are expected to engage in cross-disciplinary efforts across discovery and development.
• Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of research experience or
• MS degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field
• Hands-on experience in cloning, expression vector construction and site directed mutagenesis
• Experience in purification and characterization of proteins.
• The ability and enthusiasm to learn new techniques and apply them carefully to solve biological problems
• Capability of independently designing experiments, generating data, interpreting results and documenting work.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, self management, task planning and organization skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with AKTA purification systems is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated in a team environment
• Excellent team building and teamwork skills and ability to interact with scientific staff, project teams and commercial vendors
• Detail-oriented with the ability to identify and implement creative solutions
• Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
• Working knowledge of protein-protein interaction binding kinetics is a plus
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job 100LN to firstname.lastname@example.org. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.