The Research Associate – Basic Research will be responsible for supporting research projects aligned with the Company goals, working independently with minimal supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and qualify new assay methods, including in vitro, cell-based and immunoassays
• Plan, execute and troubleshoot routine assays and procedures
• Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data in a timely manner
• Write and/or review SOPs, technical reports and study reports
• Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed
• Present scientific results at appropriate meetings
• Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee manual and Safety and Quality manual
• Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
• A B.S. with 4+ years of experience or M.S. with 2 + years of experience with a degree in biological science.
• Hands-on laboratory experience in common molecular biology, cell biology and protein chemistry techniques.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work as a team player, as well as independently.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in basic biological laboratory techniques, including cloning, PCR, ELISA, mammalian cell culture, and transfection procedures
• Proven record of delivering results against deadlines
• Accurate documentation of laboratory experiments in notebooks
• Understanding/working knowledge of scientific software programs.
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace.