About Oxford BioTherapeutics
Oxford BioTherapeutics, with its research laboratories in San Jose, California, is developing a range of innovative antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and immunomodulatory antibodies for the treatment of cancer. The company’s therapeutic programs are based on its proprietary OGAP® targeting platform, and incorporate novel antibody and cancer toxin technologies accessed from leading companies in the field. Oxford BioTherapeutics’ network of collaborations provides a unique range of complementary technologies, allowing the company to select the optimal combination for each target identified by its OGAP® system. OGAP® incorporates one of the world’s largest proprietary proteomic databases, with data on over 5,000 cancer cell proteins providing unique, highly-qualified targets selected for clinic therapeutic potential. In 2012, Oxford BioTherapeutics entered a strategic agreement to accelerate the development of its ADCs, with partner Menarini providing clinical and manufacturing expertise, investment of up to $1 billion and potential milestone and royalty payments, in exchange for commercial rights in Europe, Asia and Latin America. Oxford BioTherapeutics retains the rights in the US and Japan.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist with strong background in immunology to join a group of scientists to work on the identification and validation of novel immunomodulatory molecules for the treatment of cancer. The main responsibilities of this individual will be to maintain cell culture, isolate and characterize immune cells from whole blood sample, perform FACS based phenotyping of immune cells develop and optimize in vitro cell based assays with immune cells and other primary or tumor cell lines critical to the development of novel cancer therapeutics at Oxford Biotherapeutics. The individual will have solid understanding of human immune cells and other primary cells. The position resides in a highly interactive team, so collaborative spirit is highly valued. The successful candidate will be able to work independently, analyse experimental data, interpret results and present data at team meetings. S/he is also expected to write detailed protocols and maintain accurate and complete records.
• BS/MS degree in immunology or related field with >5 years of relevant experience, or PhD degree with 0-2 years of experience in academic, biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Job title may vary depends on the experience level.
• Experience with T cell -based assays is necessary, experience with immune checkpoint molecules is a plus.
• Experience working on tumor biology and epithelial cells is desired, understanding of tumor immunology is preferred.
• Extensive experience in tissue culture techniques and immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues is required.
• Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) and data analysis software is required.
• Proficiency in scientific and data analysis programs including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism necessary.
• Adaptable and capable of working and communicating in a team environment.
• Excellent attention to detail with proven communication and problem solving skills.
• Superior time- and project-management skills; commitment to anticipating and meeting deadlines.
• Flexibility and ability to respond to changing priorities and project directions.