The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution affiliated with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), contributing to the health and well-being of all people through medical research, education, and outreach in the areas of heart disease, HIV/AIDS, and neurological disease. Gladstone is composed of three separate institutes and approximately 500 employees. Our employees receive exceptional benefits. We are located in an award-winning building adjacent to UCSF's Mission Bay Campus.
We are currently recruiting for a Research Associate who will be responsible for recruiting subjects for congenital heart disease research studies. This involves being able to screen patients;approach, enroll and register subjects;handle confidential matters;gather and interpret medical, surgical and laboratory data regarding the study subjects; collect & ship DNA material; and enter & organize data in various databases. In addition, the person in this position will need to occasionally resubmit protocols to the IRB and prepare reports. May also assist in DNA purification.
- BS in biological sciences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows
- Experience working with patients, study subjects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise independent judgement and initiative
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with medical terminology
- Ability to abstract data from medical records and transfer it to data collection forms or directly into databases
- Knowledge of clinical research processes; including medical chart reviews
- Experience writing scientific correspondence
- Work experience in a bench laboratory
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience