About Molecular Templates:
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM’s first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM’s website at http://www.moleculartemplates.com.
The Research Associate will join the research and development (R&D) team and will be involved in ETB protein production and analysis. This is a laboratory based position in a team setting. The research associate will be responsible for conducting protein production and analysis tasks based on an established protocol with all work being documented. Responsibilities may change in line with prioritization at the discretion of the management team.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Produce and purify ETB proteins in an E.coli- based expression system according to established protocols
• Conduct analytical protein assays according to established protocols
• Accurately document all tasks in a timely manner
• Execute new experiments or test protocols as needed under the direction of the Director of R&D
This position reports to a Director of Research and Development.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
• Associates degree, though a bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, in a life science, chemistry, pharmaceutical science or related field
• Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment
• Relevant experience in a laboratory setting involving molecular biology and recombinant protein expression from a prokaryotic (E. coli) system desirable
• Experience conducting analytical protein assays (ie SDS-PAGE)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with strong time-management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software