At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
• Will conduct next-generation sequencing, innovative R&D to advance project goals, and ensure timely completion of project objectives.
• Maintain processes on multiple next-generation sequencing (NGS) platforms and fulfill sequencing requests across SGI’s programs. Perform sample prep, library construction and run NGS platforms.
• Work closely with our internal scientists and vendors on troubleshooting of instruments on protocols.
• Perform sample QC on incoming genomic DNA, RNA and plasmid DNA.
• Leverage automated platforms to enable more efficient NGS workflows.
• Utilize molecular biology skills to troubleshoot NGS libraries and platforms.
• Leverage LIMS and internal communication tools to ensure timely updates on projects.
• Ensure that all company policies and safety practices are followed.
• Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in industry or academia.
• Firm understanding of molecular biology methods.
• Experience utilizing robotic platforms.
• Experience managing numerous projects simultaneously.
• Hands-on experience within high-throughput genomic pipelines.
• Experience operating automated laboratory equipment (e.g. Q-Pix, BioMek, ABI 3730 XL DNA Sequencer, next-generation sequencing, etc.).
• Familiar with computational biology tools (BLAST, Vector NTI).