First Light Biosciences is developing breakthrough automated medical diagnostic products for rapid, sensitive, automated, and cost-effective detection of the microbes that cause hospital infections. The products address the key medical need to rapidly determine the right antibiotic to cure these life-threatening infections. Based on its proprietary MultiPath™ digital imaging technology, First Light’s products will combine the performance of the most advanced automated commercial laboratory tests with unprecedented affordability and ease-of-use. First Light Biosciences is a well-funded Bedford MA company offering a stimulating environment with a culture of excellence in science, engineering, and business.
Successful candidates will work collaboratively with and be trained by our experienced scientists. You will be part of an integrated interdisciplinary team developing powerful new medical diagnostic products using advanced immunochemical, nanoparticle, and digital imaging technology for rapid detection of microbial pathogens. The laboratory work will support the development and validation of high performance immunoassays and will also include analysis using microbiological culture methods.
• Strong microbiological culture (including sterile technique), molecular biology, and/or immunoassay techniques
• Broad laboratory and experimental skills
• Self-motivated, organized, able to prioritize and organize time effectively
• Excellent record keeping, written and oral skills
• Highly organized, attention to detail, completes assigned tasks on time
• Proactively communicate with supervisor and team
• Motivated to find ways to improve personal and company efficiency
• BS in a life science field with 5+ years of industry experience
• Industry experience using microbiology, molecular biology, and/or antibody-based methods
• Experience following standard operating procedures
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Only local candidates will be considered at this time.
Competitive salary and benefits. Title and compensation depends on experience and education.
Please apply by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. To insure proper processing include the Job Code RANOV16LBS in the subject line of the email.