Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Regeneron Genetics Center Functional Modeling group at Tarrytown, NY. The successful candidate will support on-going projects in modeling human disease variant alleles. Preferred candidates will possess strong backgrounds in the practical and theoretical aspects of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, and genetics.
Apply current state of the art molecular cloning techniques to construct targeting vectors and expression vectors.
- Perform routine culturing and cloning of mammalian tissue culture cells.
- Perform DNA, RNA, and protein extractions; plasmid purification, Southern and Western blotting; PCR and RT-PCR.
- Design, execute, and control experiments according to protocols.
- Develop new methods and apply troubleshooting tactics when needed.
- Perform laboratory calculations and manipulations independently.
- Maintain clear records of experimental details in a laboratory notebook.
- Communicate experimental results, conclusions and ideas directly to supervisor, project team members, and management in presentation form.