Location:Gaithersburg, United StatesJob reference:
Oct. 04, 2016
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a R&D Associate II in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This position can be filled at either the Research Associate 1 or Research Associate 2 level depending upon experience. You must perform analytical testing of clinical stage biopharmaceutical products in accordance with cGMP regulations. You must have prior experience with chromatography (SEC, RPLC, IEC), electrophoresis (cIEF, cGE), immunoassay (ELISA, SPR) and/or device functionality (e.g. break-loose/glide-force) methods. Experience with analysis of biologics (such as monoclonal antibodies or other protein molecules) is preferred. You should have experience in a biopharmaceutical analytical development or GMP quality control laboratory in a regulated environment. You should have the ability to work in a team environment, attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skill.
* Research Associate 1
* Master's degree with zero to two years of industry experience
* Bachelor's degree with one to three years of industry experience
* Research Associate 2
* Master's degree with one to three years of industry experience
* Bachelor's degree with two to five years of industry experience
* Test API and final drug substance and drug product according to written procedures following cGMP practices
* Execute testing to support method qualification and technology transfer
* Manage sample inventory and submission
* Author SOPs, protocols, reports and other relevant documentation
* Maintain laboratory and equipment in accordance with written procedures
* Prepare reports and presentations for internal meetings and to support regulatory filings
* Participate in cross-functional teams
* Working knowledge of cGMP, ICH and USP/EP
* Familiarity with enterprise systems (Documentum, LIMS, Trackwise)
* data analysis software (ex. SoftMax Pro)
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law