Title: Regional Account Manager
Amgen is one of the world's largest independent biotechnology companies, with global revenue in excess of $22 billion and over 19,000 employees globally. For more than 35 years, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
Amgen's General Medicine Business Unit promotes all of Amgen's non-oncology brands. With a full portfolio and a rapidly approaching innovative pipeline, it is an exciting place to be!
Join us as we continue our mission to serve patients in Nephrology and enter the cardiovascular space for the first time.
- To ensure optimal uptake and usage of our current and launch General Medicine portfolio through a combination of clinical demand generation and local access, formulary, funding , pathway and service development activities
- Diagnosing requirements and assuming responsibility for evaluating, developing and commercialising external opportunities and minimising threats at a regional level in line with Amgen strategy.
- Plans, organises and executes activities to ensure access to funding and sales of promoted brands to meet regional and national goals.
- Conducts analysis and assessment of accounts to ensure an understanding of issues, key opinion leaders, stakeholders, health priorities, commissioning, procurement activities, CCGs, Health Boards and/or regional networks.
- Inputs into the prioritisation of customers to refine segmentation plan.
- Supports identification of opinion leaders and develops engagement plan.
- Market Access - ensures optimal local environment for the prescribing of Amgen products both current and future.
- Translates national plan to produce a regional plan of action to ensure achievement of account priorities and regional and national brand strategy, involving key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and prioritisation of activities.
- Ensures all activities agreed within the account plans are implemented to completion within time, cost, and compliance and quality constraints.
- Develops metrics for success and tracks progress relative to targets.
- Maintains effective collaboration within own and cross-functional teams to ensure alignment, progress updates and knowledge share.
- All role activities completed to meet Amgen standard operating procedures, reporting, compliance and quality standards, whilst demonstrating the Amgen Values.
Location: Field Based
Covering Cheshire and Merseyside including; Arrowe Park, Clatterbridge, Countess of Chester, St Helen's and Knowsley, Warrington and Halton, Mid Cheshire, Southport and Ormskirk, E Cheshire and Liverpool and Aintree
Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme
- Degree educated, ideally in a scientific discipline
- A proven track record of consistently high performance in a hospital sales environment preferably with Cardiology and Nephrology experience
- Experience of local market access development ideally with experience of implementing service redesign in the NHS
- Experience in selling Biologic medicines preferred
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high preforming team at a very exciting time for the business.
All applications should be submitted ASAP with immediate interviews to follow