Location:Atlanta, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 23, 2016
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Regional Account Director (Field Based -- US), you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will have an opportunity to be a business partner for your clients as they navigate the challenges of delivering optimal patient care. You will provide actionable solutions to stakeholders within the client community and within AZ. Use your understanding of the complexities of influence and decision making within the IDN organizations to develop the basis for a strong partnership.
You will work with contract and program agreement administration to develop and implement contracts/agreements that advance the sale of company products through customized packages including proposal preparation, contract/agreement negotiation, and implementation, maintain up to date knowledge of company and competition's products, services, customer priorities and the broader healthcare landscape and handle major regional accounts with significant impact on overall AZ sales.
You will present and negotiate key deal terms with the customers; act as focal point for the operational advancement of the contracts/agreements through internal processes (Account Director has final approval of the contract/agreement prior to execution); build strong, networked relationships throughout account customer organizations, and develops/strengthens key relationships with account senior management and decision makers, identify differentiating success factors of AZ; be accountable for development of strategic account plan, drive consistent execution of account plans/strategy across the organization for target accounts (tactics include full engagement of the customer facing roles; provide actionable solutions to stakeholders to drive value in short and long term- articulates a business case; dynamically develop partnerships with customer by understanding influencer and decision maker mapping; tailor selling strategy and process to a business to deliver long-term impact and value; Understands the broader healthcare environment and the impact to the customer; articulate clearly goals and performance targets with plan to meet them even in ambiguous environment; prioritize account projects/initiatives that address changing customer and market requirements; presents business case for opportunity evaluation, including a broad view of the entire account impact and coordinates/manages project implementation; monitor full Account Contracting process including Accuracy of all contract terms such as : Key Operational Terms; Rebate Rates and administrative fees, Market basket details, Formulary position information; communicate with internal stakeholders regarding account-specific programs, activities, and pull-through messages, providing actionable solutions and proactively identify issues and challenges with accounts. Engages with appropriate resources in headquarters for development of contract offers and program / service agreements.
* Bachelor's degree
* Deep understanding of the specialty care marketplace and specialty reimbursement landscape model
* Background and significant experience in Oncology
* Experience with IDN/large complex system type customers and delivering effective formulary access
* Experience with organized customers preferably at the C-Suite level and delivering value proposition of portfolio of products
* Local knowledge of the managed market dynamics in Georgia and Alabama area
* Demonstrated leadership, project management and team development ability
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and influence peers and management
* Demonstrated communication and platform skills
* Understanding of financial concepts and contracting issues including legal and best price implications, demonstrated proficiency in previous role preferred
* Strong customer facing skills
* Strong understanding of the broader healthcare environment and impact customer
* Demonstrated negotiating capability
* Experience in sales management or general management
* Experience in managed care at a pharmaceutical company or managed care organization
* Experience in a commercial function
* Account Management experience
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law