Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!
Astellas is announcing a Real World Informatics and Analytics (RWI), Head of Analytics opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This position will lead the analytics for Astellas real-world informatics (RWI) division -- data processing, data science and methodology / innovation. This individual must work collaboratively with all parts of the Astellas business and other members of Astellas' RWI CoE.
A successful individual in this role will be able to apply the appropriate degree of analytic guidance, innovation, and rigor (including QA/QC processes and resources) to multiple different types of analyses --supporting the rapid expansion of RWI use across Astellas.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Leads a team responsible for realizing the value of RWI through the Analytics protocolized studies, custom programming, automation, data mining, machine learning
• Responsible for working with other members in the RWI function to enable efficient and effective project execution for projects sourced from the business and scoped by the functional and regional interfaces within the RWI function
• Responsible for managing the Analytics group to serve the broad needs of Astellas' RWI customers across multiple geographies (US, Europe and Asia), multiple functions (drug discovery, development, sales and marketing, HEOR, medical and PV) and multiple use cases (e.g. publications, internal decision making, hypothesis generation, etc.)
• Design and lead deployment of the analytics services resource model consisting of internal and external resources (contractors and employees)
• Manage workload and resourcing of projects among data-processing resources, programmers, data scientists and statisticians/ methodologists in the RWI function
• Set quality standards and efficient processes to effectively manage demand in tailored to different types of analytic delivery needs (e.g. protocolized vs. fast-cycle; complex advanced analytics vs. descriptive statistics)
• Input for setting departmental objectives and key performance indicators; accountable for accurately measuring and reporting those analytics execution
• Responsible for keeping up to date on analytics and informatics developments in the RWI/ E / I and Big Data fields related to pharma and healthcare and bringing appropriate innovations into the RWI function and Astellas (more broadly)
This position will have responsibility for the operating budget to build and maintain a group of internal and external resources for executing the analytics within the function. This includes managing budget for outsourced analyses.
This position reports directly to Astellas' head of the RWI function and will have responsibility for a group of approximately ten (10) individuals (mix of methodologists, programmers, statisticians and data scientists). Initially the entire RWI CoE organization will include a mix of internal and external (contract resources). With demonstrated success in the initial build out and expansion to support for more diverse geographies, therapeutic areas and additional RWI demands, the organization could grow.
• Advanced degree (e.g. PhD in statistics)
• 15+ years related experience with 8+ years in healthcare analytics and statistics
• Prior experience working for a pharmaceutical / biotech or consulting company in a relevant role
• Prior management of RWD or data science / analytics functions including stats, methodologists, etc.
• Knowledge of support infrastructure to enable real-world analytics execution
• Deep expertise with HEOR, epidemiology, commercial applications, publications and medical communications
• Technical knowledge in related competencies including RWI data types, common analytic use cases, and methods
• Experience with business analytics
• Expert knowledge of compliance, privacy and safety pertinent to real-world data analytics
• Experience with real world informatics across multiple geographies