The Research IT group is looking for an R&D Relationship Manager. The R&D Relationship Manager enables science through consultation, strategic planning and tactical oversight of information technology initiatives. The individual will partner with Research & Development leadership, serve as the primary point of contact for scientific business teams, identify and translate scientific business needs into strategic roadmaps and executable portfolios of activities that add demonstrable value to the scientific operations of Research & Development at Regeneron.
The R&D Relationship Manager is the liaison between IT and the scientific teams within Research & Development. The individual directs IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy by becoming a trusted advisor to the business unit.
* Understand business needs and priorities to define the strategy for delivering system's capabilities within a biopharmaceutical research and development organization
* Translate business needs into effective and/or improved processes and/or technical solutions or services by coordinating resources from the associated IT Department(s)
* Understand the processes, plans, objectives, drivers, and issues related to the business area, together with appropriate external policies and regulations
* Contribute the Systems aspects to business strategy development, bringing business opportunities through technology and business knowledge
* Accountable for ensuring that solutions and services deliver expected business value
* Serve as overall champion to ensure proper business casing and prioritization take place across the portfolio of work/project requests
* Keep abreast of technology trends and applicability to scientific business needs
*Participate in industry peer groups to understand industry trends
* Participate in the IT annual budgeting and planning process for the assigned business units
* Accountable for all IT projects for the assigned business units
* Ability to understand, translate and effectively communicate complex scientific business requirements to information technology professionals
* Develop strategic roadmaps for information technology systems that align to business capability enablement or improvement