If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
You will perform laboratory experiments aimed at optimizing and characterizing purification processes that are used to manufacture clinical drug candidates and commercial medications. Team orientation is essential for this position as you will work with other process, analytical, and formulation scientists to meet project milestones and company goals. You will identify and implement creative technology solutions to enhance how we develop purification processes and how we manufacture tomorrow's medications. You will provide technical support to clinical manufacturing in conjunction with other group members. You will work effectively in a matrix reporting structure working under the supervision and mentorship of more experienced process scientists.
R&D Associate II: Bachelors of Science degree in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related disciplines with two to five years of related experience or a Masters of Science degree with up to two years of experience with purification process development or related field (e.g.
purification process technology transfer).
Associate Scientist I: Bachelors of Science degree in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related disciplines, with five to eight years of related experience or a Masters of Science degree with two to five years of experience in a purification process development or related field (e.g.
purification process technology transfer).
- Knowledge and experience in preparative protein chromatography, separations technology (e.g.tangential flow filtration) and laboratory analytical techniques
- Familiarity with working in a biosafety cabinet and with aseptic technique
- Demonstrated understanding of scientific method and basic engineering principles
- Familiarity with purification equipment at bench (e.g. AKTA) and process scale
- Experience with high throughput purification process development automation and methods is a plus
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing, data evaluation, project scheduling tools, and statistical packages
- Should be detailed-oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be able to rapidly learn and apply new skills and ideas
- Should demonstrate a drive for self-development
- Will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and must be able to manage multiple complex projects and shifting responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Experience in preparing high quality
- Some demonstration of independent working is expected for Associate Scientist candidates
- This position will not have supervisory or management responsibilities.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.