If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a R&D Associate II/Associate scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Major responsibilities include planning and executing experiments related to the generation and characterization of engineered antibodies and proteins for technology development and therapeutic application. She/he will work with scientists to create research plans, execute experiments, analyze and interpret data and present results to the group and the department. She/he is expected to be able to effectively multitask, keep good records and prepare reports. Good and organizational skills are required.
- R&D Associate II
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology or other related fields with two to five years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia or a Master’s Degree in the same fields with one to two years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
- Associate Scientist I
– Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology or other related fields with five to six years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia or Master’s Degree with three to five years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
The ideal candidate should have good knowledge in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, and/or Immunology/Microbiology. Hands-on experiences in Molecular Biology, cell culture and protein purification are essential. Experience with antibody engineering is highly desirable. Good communication, record keeping, teamwork, and organizational skills are required.
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools for monoclonal antibody & other proteins, such as HPLC, affinity chromatography, electrophoresis, etc.
- Familiarity with immunoassays (ELISAs or flow cytometry) as well as analytical affinity tools for monoclonal (Octet, BiaCore, Proteon etc.)
- Experience with antibody engineering
- Experience working with in vivo animal models
- The ability to embrace new technologies quickly and ability to perform in a fast-paced, matrix-structured work environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.