If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
The Department of Infectious Disease and Vaccines at MedImmune is seeking a broadly-skilled, productive researcher to support multiple projects at various stages of the biologic product development pipeline. Specifically, you will be part of a team to evaluate both direct antiviral approaches, as well as, targeting host pathways for the prevention or treatment of viral infection.
You will be a well-organized and highly productive bench scientist who can design and execute experiments efficiently. You will have the ability to embrace new technologies quickly and ability to perform in a fast-paced, matrix-structured work environment
. You will have general knowledge of the fields of cell-biology and virology.
•R&D Associate II - Bachelor’s Degree in virology, immunology, cell-biology, or other related field with two to five years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia or a Master’s Degree in virology, immunology, cell-biology, or other related field with one to two years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
•Associate Scientist I – Bachelor’s Degree in virology, immunology, cell-biology, or other related field with five to six years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia or Master’s Degree in virology, immunology, cell-biology, or other related field with three to five years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
• Strong hands-on experience with cell culture techniques
• Highly experienced in cell-based assays such as neutralization assay
• Experience performing standard laboratory procedures for the study of protein expression such as transient transfections, Western blot, ELISA and immune-staining techniques
• Strong assay development skills
• Willingness to work with BSL-2 and BSL-2* infectious agents and in vivo models
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with viral propagation
• Experience with nonviral and viral vectors
• Experience in working with animal models
• General knowledge of the fields of cell-biology and virology
• The ability to embrace new technologies quickly and ability to perform in a fast-paced, matrix-structured work environment
• Good time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work within a team
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law