If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an R&D Associate/Associate Scientist in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Analytical Sciences Department within Biological Product Development (BPD) organization is seeking a productive bench scientist at Research Associate II/ Associate Scientist I level to support multiple projects. In this role, you will be part of a team to characterize products and processes required for development of therapeutic proteins in different clinical development stages.
- R&D Associate II - Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other related fields with two to five years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia or a Master’s Degree in the same fields with one to two years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
- Associate Scientist I – Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other related fields with five to six years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia or Master’s Degree with three to five years of relevant experience in industry (preferred) or academia
- Strong hands-on experience with analytical tools for monoclonal antibody analysis, such as RP-HPLC, IEX, Affinity, CGE and cIEF
- Familiar with instrumentation from major vendors such as Agilent and Waters
- Strong experience in assay development
- Experience in assay qualification and transfer
- Experience performing standard laboratory procedures for physicochemical analyses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of the fields of therapeutic protein characterization, including primary sequence analysis, PTM analysis and routine release/stability testing assays.
- The ability to embrace new technologies quickly and ability to perform in a fast-paced, matrix-structured work environment
- Good time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work within a team
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.