WAVE Life Sciences USA seeks an experienced and highly motivated biologist to join its research team in Boston, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in drug discovery and early drug development who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and crossdisciplinary biotech environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, executing and analyzing experiments as a member of teams focused on advancing therapeutic programs and discovery research platforms. This candidate will contribute to all levels of in vitro and in vitro discovery research to support development of optimized nucleic acid therapies in multiple disease areas. Prior experience in exploring or utilizing nucleic acids for therapeutic modulation of gene expression is preferred, but not required.
• Expertise in cell and molecular biology, including primary cell culture, transfections, mRNA quantitation by qPCR, and protein quantification by ELISA or western blot
• Expertise in developing histology (IHC or ISH) and immunoassays on muscle or CNS tissues from animal disease models is strongly preferred.
• Competent at analysis and interpretation of data from molecular pharmacology studies
• Outstanding aptitude for experimental design and execution, efficient assay development and creative problem solving
• Adept at preparation of clear and accurate reports for internal and external projects
• Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
• Committed and collaborative team player
Education and Experience:
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Biology or related discipline with at least 3 years of post-graduate biology research experience in an academic or industry (biotech or pharma) environment
• Hands on experiences with muscle or CNS disease animal models preferred.