If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is an antibody-centric, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, acquisition, development and commercialization of proprietary drug therapeutics for addressing significant unmet medical needs in the U.S., Europe and international markets. Our primary therapeutic focus is oncology, including the treatment of chronic cancer pain, but we are also developing therapeutic products for other indications, including immunology and infectious diseases.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A qualified individual who will report to the QC Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor and will contribute to general operations and testing for the QC Microbiology Laboratory. The individual shall work independently under general supervision.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education/experience) in Microbiology or similar bioscience with 2 - 3 years related experience.
Must be able to work independently in a team based setting and function in a rapidly changing environment while balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
Excellent organization, analytical and technical writing skills are also required.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
Must be able to demonstrate excellent pipetting skills.
Must be able to work flexible hours to support production with occasional weekend work.
Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Experience in aseptic technique, growth promotion testing and environmental monitoring trend reports is a plus.
THE DAY-TO-DAY WORK INCLUDES:
• Routine Environmental Monitoring in aseptic manufacturing environment: active air sampling, non-viable particulate monitoring, surface and personnel sampling.
• Incubation and counting of plates.
• Base knowledge of microbial organisms and microbiological techniques.
• Experience in GMP review and documentation.
• Data entry.
• Perform Bacterial Endotoxin Testing (LAL).
• Perform Bioburden Testing of in-process
products, buffers, and water.
• Receipt of manufacturing samples into the QC lab as well as sample retain disposal.
• Autoclave QC micro equipment.
• Troubleshoot assay and instrument problems with Laboratory Supervisor.
• General maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Participate in writing and revising SOPs, forms, protocols.
• Assist in the development and optimization of test methods.
• Maintain log books related to inventory and equipment.
• Ensure labs are clean and safe (in compliance with cGMP) and properly stocked.
• Make detailed observations in support of Excursion and OOS result investigations.
• Participate in the qualification of equipment, methods, and processes.
• Participate and perform special studies & projects assigned to microbiology.
• Be able to independently gown for clean room environment.
• Perform other additional job related duties as required.
Be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion for science.
A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays, and three-weeks’ PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you. Please attach your CV or resume and note the following job title in the subject line to:
and email to: Jobs@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. No relocation available for this position.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer