Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAPR) is a cutting edge biotech company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies. The Company has two lead product candidates under investigation: CAP-1002, a cardiac cell therapy, and Cenderitide, a natriuretic peptide receptor agonist. Capricor’s lead product candidate, allogeneic Cardiosphere-Derived Cells (CDCs), known as CAP-1002, is being investigated in clinical trials as treatment for heart disease post myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure and Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Cenderitide is in development for the outpatient treatment of heart failure as well as potential other indications. In addition, the Company is conducting research and development on its exosomes platform technology for cardiac diseases and other potential indications. Capricor offers exciting opportunities to join our expanding team. Capricor provides competitive compensation and benefits packages.
A position is immediately available for a Quality Control Lab Associate II to perform QC analysis testing, coordinate shipping of samples for outsourced testing, perform data analysis and assemble QC data documentation, perform OOS investigations, and participate in assay qualifications. The position will also collaborate with the process development group in developing new assays and analytical methods. Products may include cells, exosomes, and other regenerative therapeutics. We are seeking highly motivated candidates who are capable of independent work in a collaborative environment.
• Perform QC analysis on current products to support batch disposition
• Investigation of OOS results
• Interface with outsourced laboratories to coordinate sample receipt, testing and reporting of results
• Prepare and culture mammalian stem cells from primary tissue
• Collaborate with Process Development to troubleshoot and optimize current methods
• Participate in the development and validation of assays and methods,
• Performing data analysis
• Maintain and organize records and reports
• Train other employees to perform relevant techniques and procedures as needed
• Present data internally
• Write technical reports or documentation such as deviations, testing protocols, and trend analyses
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance staff to resolve issues with regard to the facility and products manufactured
• Write or revise standard quality control operating procedures
• Receive and inspect materials
• Work under minimal supervision to meet project goals
• Should be able to work with small laboratory animals.
• Other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Scientific Discipline is required.
• 1 -2 years of experience working in a GMP Quality Control laboratory is desired.
• Experience with laboratory methods including flow cytometry, DNA isolation, ELISAs, endotoxin detection etc.
• Experience with cell culture methods.
• Experience with method qualification/validation is desired.
• The ability to independently perform laboratory analysis, troubleshoot, and improve methods is required.
• A history of successful, independent laboratory work should be demonstrated.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are required.