As QC Chemistry Specialist, 2nd Shift (3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, M-F), you will utilize your chemistry/QC talents and outstanding attention to detail to conduct analysis of raw materials, in-process and final product (adhering to cGMP requirements and SOPs) under moderate supervision. This is your opportunity to join a talented QC chemistry team and learn from their expertise, while partnering with them to develop and augment your skills. May work on other projects, as necessary.
As part of our training process, we need you to be flexible to work 1st shift (days) for the first 6 months.
• Conduct analysis and sample testing, while having the opportunity to be able to focus in a more specialized QC area.
• Perform varied and multiple assays. Release testing assays for in-process, final product, raw materials and other sampling.
• Compile data for documentation of test procedures.
• Responsible for standardization and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Responsible for data and accurate documentation within compliance specifications and reporting on abnormalities discovered. Review batch records and product specifications as required.
• Maintain lab area including routine cleaning of benches, biosafety cabinets, shelving and floors. Collect and dispose of lab wastes.
• Assist in the transfer, qualification and validation of new testing methods, along with IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments, with guidance from supervisor.
• Participate in revising and writing of SOPs and qualification protocols.
• Embodies Althea’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in a laboratory or quality control.
• Ability to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
• Familiarity with cGMP, manufacturing, machine operations, troubleshooting, and data entry.
• Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
• Demonstrated ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
Ajinomoto Althea, Inc., located in San Diego, CA, is a contract development and manufacturing organization that specializes in cGMP manufacturing, analytical development, aseptic filling into vials & syringes, and protein delivery technology for recombinant protein and parenteral products. In a single location, Althea has the experience, expertise, capacity, and flexibility to serve as a strategic partner for drug development and manufacturing needs for early- stage and commercial requirements.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.altheacmo.com and click on the Careers section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.