If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
- BS Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry) or Engineering (e.g. Biochemical, Chemical, Mechanical) Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 5 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience. Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance experience.
- Master’s Degree with minimum 1 year of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical Quality Assurance. Experience working in a highly regulated environment (FDA, EMA).
- Good understanding of basic scientific principles.
- Understanding of basic biotech manufacturing processes.
- Good understanding of cGMPs, regulatory standards and concepts.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with focus on customer service
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams with representatives from various departments and levels.
- Ensures compliance to cGMPs and identifies potential compliance risks.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Ability to release solutions, process intermediates and raw materials for further manufacturing use.
Freedom to Act
- Works independently under general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Assists in oversight of complex projects and programs, interdepartmental and corporate goals.
- Supports strategy.
- May assist in the supervision of activities of other QA Specialists.
- Assists is training of other specialists.
Change Management and Collaboration
- Supports development and design of change initiatives.
- Participates in the evaluation of corporate business processes and proposes improvements.
- Leads strategic planning where impact is interdepartmental.
- Effectively drives solutions and improvements for complex, critical cross-functional projects.
*This is a night shift position. Candidates must be open to working a night shift schedule (6pm-6:30am).
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.