If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As Project Manager (grade 3) / Senior Project Manager (grade 4)– Translational Science Study Management (TSM) in Mountain View, CA, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
And we’re excited to share that our work at the Mountain View site (along with some other AstraZeneca Group Companies in the Bay Area) will relocate to South San Francisco by end of 2017.
for more information on this new facility.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent. Main Duties and Responsibilities
As Project Manager/Senior Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for timeline and budget management for the functions within the Translational Science Study Management (TSM) department. The department resides within Biologics Safety Assessment (BSA) and supports Medimmune’s Research Function.
- You will represent TSM on Project Teams and Translational Science (TS) sub-teams for assigned ongoing and upcoming studies/programs. You will provide project management support to the TS team with timeline creation/tracking and delivery of TS sample specifications. As required additional responsibilities could include meeting management (team agendas, minutes), risk mitigations, and triaging requests for the TS sub-team.
- You will manage CRO alliances that provide non-clinical/clinical laboratory testing for multiple projects. Scope of responsibilities include coordination of technical transfer meetings, SOW and budget creation, regular metric and relationship review with CRO and MedImmune senior leadership.
- You will provide support for late stage projects, regulatory filings, and creating/tracking timelines for TS team deliverable.
- You will have clear and efficient communication with multiple stakeholders including those within the TS function, Biologics Project Management and Clinical Operations. Lead and facilitate meetings to address business issues, develop mitigation plans, build consensus.
- You will effectively work within a matrix environment to communicate and resolve issues, and have the ability to identify issues that could have implications to the broader organization and proactively address with stakeholders. Have awareness of company processes/standards and how these impact TS deliverables. Create /contribute to processes where little or none exist. Demonstrate strategic influence and ability to communicate across the many levels within a global organization.
- You will mentor staff in project management best practices.
For Project Manager:
- BA/BS in a biological science
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry which includes experience with early and late stage clinical programs.
- Proven skillset in the use of project management tools
For Senior Project Manager:
- Masters in Science
- Minimum 6 years of increasing responsibility in project management &/or leading drug development team(s)
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry which includes experience with early and late stage clinical programs.
- Proven skill set in the use of project management tools.
For Project Manager:
For Senior Project Manager:
For both roles:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including negotiation and presentation skills) Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely within a matrix environment
- Ability to negotiate within project team and promote high performance
- Demonstrates a composed, professional manner when dealing with issues, challenges, conflicts and opportunities
- Builds positive collaborative relationships with a variety of internal MedImmune staff and outside contacts
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize workload with a sense of urgency in moving project forward
- Well organized with excellent time management
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of project management software such as MS Project and/or Planisware.
- Must have proven record of high-quality independent work.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.