Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics for patients with serious unmet medical needs. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development.
We currently have three protein therapeutics in clinical trials:
- FPA008: a monoclonal antibody that inhibits the CSF-1 receptor and is being studied in multiple tumor settings and pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS)
- FPA144: a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b for selected gastric cancers
- FP-1039: a FGF ligand trap for mesothelioma
On the strength of our unique discovery platform and capabilities, we have entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies. We currently have three active research collaborations with Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline and UCB Pharma, S.A.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. These values are reflected in our people and our products. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious individual to join our Project Management team. This position will be accountable for establishing project management best practices within the Program Management function as well as serving as project manager to assigned programs moving from pre-clinical to IND. This position reports to Senior Director of Program Management.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the Five Prime platform and processes for tracking budgets, timelines, document management, tracking of interdependencies, governance and decisions, and reporting program status.
- Support the Senior Director, Program Management with the development and tracking of organizational goals and the development of governance and communication processes so Senior Leadership is well informed and able to meet decision making demands.
- Work within the Program Management function and in partnership with the Project Team leaders and the sub-team leaders, helping to contribute to the development and success of a project team system, such as: alignment of early and late stage research projects and the preparation for their move into clinical development, the management of lifecycle planning, team meetings to deliver and communicate timely milestones throughout the lifecycle.
- Work with the Program Management team to develop Project Team handbooks and standardized processes that will outline expected roles and responsibilities within the Project Team System, (including development of team charters, decision making and governance at all levels of the drug development process.)
- Drive Project teams through internal corporate processes and milestones, as well as building relationships with external collaborators, to ensure alignment across joint decisions.
- Other projects as assigned
- BS/MS in life sciences required; advanced degree is a plus
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is required
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience supporting pre-clinical programs; oncology experience preferred
- Demonstrated solid understanding of clinical and nonclinical drug development is required; Experience in managing through the steps for pre-clinical to IND filing
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skill and ability to influence
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment and experienced in stakeholder management
- Excellent time/resource management, attention to detail and proven success working in matrix environments
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and capable of demonstrating proactive competence
Please upload your cover letter and resume