We are seeking a dynamic Project Manager who will be responsible for supporting and executing discovery through preclinical project plans for internal pipeline and partnered antibody development programs. Activities will include management of activities at external CROs and supporting internal project teams and external partner alliances to progressively advance development of novel therapeutic antibodies.
These may include, but are not limited to, the following; other duties may be assigned:
• Collaborate closely with senior management, project leaders, and partners to define and document the following for discovery research and pre-clinical development projects, thereby ensuring projects are progressing toward milestones and company goals:
o project scope, key deliverables, resources, contingencies and detailed timelines
• Manage project communications including team meetings, project plans, action items and information flow to entire project team and assure that timelines and tasks are clearly understood
• Assist in preparation of presentations, minutes, reports, action tracker for partner meetings, due diligence, and audits as necessary.
• Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues and risk mitigation plans to management and project teams.
• Manage relationships, performance and productivity of discovery and preclinical IND-path activities through external CROs and other service providers to extract maximum value from each external partner
• Responsible for regular assessment of external CRO expertise, capabilities and opportunities and leverage that knowledge to develop and drive external sourcing strategies
• Forecast and track project budgets, and provide reconciliation of actual expenses to budget.
• Monitor project expenses against budget and work with project teams to identify risks, contingencies and alternatives
• Assist in the development of annual research budgets.
• BS/BA in a related scientific discipline, and 12+ years of combined technical and project management experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical field.
• Experience managing outsourcing activities and interacting with external vendors
• Strong organization skills; highly efficient; demonstrated ability to handle different types of responsibilities and multi-task efficiently
• The ability to make contributions to research projects and strategic planning at a conceptual level. Strong knowledge of issues associated with biologics drug development.
• Ability to track meetings and record project progress and action items in an interdepartmental team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to apply a broad and integrated perspective when planning, problem solving, and assessing impact across functional areas; including the identification of critical processes, etc. in product development
• Understanding of project planning techniques and applications.
• Ability to negotiate internally with functional area leadership in order to maintain critical deliverables commitments made to partners
• Knowledge of biology outsourcing, how vendors operate, and typical issues arising from vendor/sponsor relationships.
• Demonstrated experience researching, gathering, organizing information to produce reports, correspondence, and spreadsheets to generate, track, and analyze required data.
• Adept at managing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, switching between tasks quickly, and juggling competing priorities and projects yet maintaining attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, negotiation and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients, and successfully working on complex, cross-functional project teams.
• Capable of fostering positive, open relationships with internal and external parties.