Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com.
Alkermes is seeking an experienced R&D Project Manager to support early stage biologics programs within our development portfolio. This person will work closely with members of the other research and development areas, the commercial and operations organization, as well as the senior management team to ensure development and execution of project plans to meet key corporate goals.
This person will play a key role in the management of cross functional activities within our development programs, partnering closely with team members as well as members of senior management to orchestrate development of program plans, timelines, budgets, and ensure program execution meets key corporate goals.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Facilitate development of integrated product development and strategic plans, including:
- Identification of critical program goals, activities, and constraints
- Ongoing optimization of plans by evaluating assumptions and incorporation of new inputs as the projects progress through development
- Facilitation of cross-functional decision making
- Proactive management of project execution as well as potential risk areas, support identification and implementation of mitigation and/or contingency plans
- Development and maintenance of program budgets and timelines, and associated cross-functional logistics and communication
- Company representative for project management for partnered development programs
We’re looking for an individual who values the team dynamic, is organizationally savvy, excels in a matrixed-management/leadership environment, and enjoys working on the details without losing site of the larger organizational goals.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS in a scientific or engineering discipline, with 8+ years of relevant pharmaceutical product development experience
- Prior research and development experience in biologics
- Prior research and development experience in oncology desirable
- Prior experience managing cross functional teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility
- Prior experience with regulatory submissions
- Expert knowledge of MS Project and MS Excel
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, time/resource management, attention to detail, interpersonal and organization skills
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.