Project Management Consultant
Integrated Project Management
San Francisco, CA
Consultant, Full time
PMC San Fran
Areas of Expertise Desired:
Integrated Project Management (IPM) is a business consulting firm with a core competency in project management working to help companies meet their goals faster, more efficiently, and with higher quality results.
Our employees are our biggest asset and the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest. These values-driven, self-motivated, and highly skilled employees blend as teammates into client organizations to bring leadership, discipline, and expertise to bear on the challenge at hand. With a passion for excellence, honest and ethical conduct, and uncompromising integrity, IPM achieves high quality results and consistently exceeds its commitments to its clients.
Among our accomplishments, IPM is proud to have helped R&D teams cut research time in half, getting critical medicines to patients faster; to have helped a multinational consumer products corporation emerge from bankruptcy through strategic reorganization of manufacturing operations; and to have taken the kinks out of supply chains, shrinking product time to market by as much as 75%. Multiple opportunities to assist clients with projects such as these have not only solidified IPM’s reputation as a leader in project management, but also as a premier employer in the marketplace. Such distinction has enabled IPM to grow rapidly in the last few years, earning us recognition for six consecutive years as one of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing private companies. We’ve also been honored with the American Business Ethics Award, recognized as a “Top Small Workplace” by The Wall Street Journal and Winning Workplaces, and we are a two-time winner of the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.
If this sounds like the type of environment that you’ve been searching for, then come join the IPM family, and help us build on our success!
Project Management Consultant Job Overview:
The project management consultant is an experienced project leader and is accountable for overall project implementation activities. The project management consultant is a change agent who is passionate, high energy, and results oriented with a creative and analytical mind. Is experienced with advanced PM tools and processes, and has the ability to manage critical situations.
- Integrate self into client environment in order to effectively lead project team while also building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define the objective, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control activities to fulfill identified objectives applying technical, theoretical, and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements.
- Drive and develop integrated development plan that represents the appropriate level of detail and task interdependency and aligns project tactics with overall project strategy.
- Establish and maintain a high performing team and serve as a project advocate within the organization.
- Lead (coordinate, facilitate, and motivate) the efforts of the individual, team, client, and other resources associated with project activity. Ensure alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Manage projects within the established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting or surpassing IPM standards of quality.
- Lead risk management within the project team. Ensure risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Facilitate and lead effective meetings. Ensure appropriate agendas that enable key discussions and decisions within the team. Prepare meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Annual performance bonus potential
- Match of employee 401(k) contributions
- Business development incentives
- Paid training and certification
- Assistance with relocation
The ideal candidate for this Project Management Consultant position will possess the following:
Required Experience and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science discipline.
- Industry experience related to IPM’s business offerings. 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or medical device industries.
- Project experience related to IPM’s business offerings. 5+ years of experience related one or more of the following: product development and launch, business process optimization, technology transfer, regulatory submission/regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and/or alliance management projects.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Six Sigma and PMP certifications are a plus).
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills. Capability to utilize these skills with a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from laborers to senior level executives.
- Technical aptitude and displayed ability to grasp a general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, leadership, and organization.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Ensure a professional perception founded in neatness, organization, and maturity.
- Strong analytical capabilities and business acumen.
- Ability to grasp strategic concepts and strategy development skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate multiple activities and resources.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Superior computer usage skills.
Project work may require:
- Interstate, intrastate, or international travel up to 50%
- Field exposure to various manufacturing, industrial, commercial, or institutional environments.
E-Mail to a Friend
Add to Job Folder