aTyr Pharma is engaged in the discovery and clinical development of innovative medicines for patients suffering from severe rare diseases using its knowledge of Physiocrine biology, a newly discovered set of physiological modulators. The Company's lead candidate, Resolaris, is a first-in-class intravenous protein therapeutic for the treatment of rare myopathies with an immune component. Resolaris is currently in a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial in adult patients with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD); a Phase 1b/2 trial in adult patients with Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy 2B (LGMD2B or dysferlinopathies) or FSHD; and a Phase 1b/2 trial in patients with an early onset form of FSHD. To protect this pipeline, aTyr built an intellectual property estate comprising over 70 issued or allowed patents and over 240 pending patent applications that are solely owned or exclusively licensed by aTyr. aTyr's key programs are currently focused on severe, rare diseases characterized by immune dysregulation for which there are currently limited or no treatment options. aTyr is publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol “LIFE”. For more information, please visit http://www.atyrpharma.com.
Patients and their challenges provide tremendous drive and meaning to what we do at aTyr. We seek a talented and successful individual that deeply desires to participate in our process to make medicines that change a patient’s life forever. The successful candidate will play an important role in the advancement of current Physiocrine leads into clinical development.
Partner with the Senior VP, Product Programs and Planning (P3) to create project plans and drive execution of drug development objectives. Our Program Manager will work across functions to enable Programs to achieve our mission of improving the lives of patients. In this role, the successful candidate will develop and maintain overall project plans for key Programs including strategy implementation, scenario and resource analysis, timelines, issue identification and resolution.
• Serve as Operational lead and driver for development programs
? Coordinate and encourage communication across company and engage stakeholders with a ‘solution-oriented’ focus
? Ensure program plans and activities are aligned with the corporate commitments
? Translate program strategies into operational plans, including identification of key milestones and deliverables
? Establish cross-functionally integrated program timelines in support of commercialization strategy
? Drive program scenario planning exercises to identify and prepare for contingency events
? Proactivity identify resource allocation gaps to avoid program timeline delays
? Facilitate team preparation for company governance committee reviews
? Coordinate and facilitate sub-team and/or ad-hoc team meetings as necessary
? Partner with Finance to examine program-based resource and budget allocations to ensure alignment with Corporate program priorities
? Collaborate with departmental leads to develop and refine program Target Product Profiles (TPPs)
• Serve as an effective team leader by fostering a positive and productive multi-disciplinary team environment
? Build and maintain strong team dynamics and morale
? Drive content and timing of key internal team meetings
? Hold effective team meeting and maintain project documentation files including data files, presentations, agenda & minutes, deliverables and action items
? Keep management informed of progress, risks and status of major program goals
• Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values and policies
• Mastery of project management methodologies and tools including MS Project
• Talent for distilling complex project timelines into effective visual communication tools using MS PowerPoint
• Strong understanding of disciplined drug discovery, product development and program management processes in matrixed managed environments
• Demonstrated time management, decision-making, presentation and organization skills required. Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and analyze work flows for efficiency
• Superb interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
Key Behaviors for Success
• Entrepreneurial thinking and actions that portray drivers of priority. This includes the ability to identify challenges and concurrently proffer solutions to those challenges while balancing tradeoffs in a time frame that makes a difference to our business.
• Compelling judgment calls on imperfect or incomplete information. Uncertainty is a certainty in drug discovery, and separately in business activities and relationships. At any stage there is more to know or understand. Critical judgments will enable greater benefit to patients and all stakeholders
• Effective teaming skills to bring cross functionality with the executive leadership team. Bring value, insight and key input to the executive leadership team. Interest in learning from team and sharing experiences
• Balanced temperament that allows successful project management discipline while successfully adapting to dynamically changing situations
Education / Experience
• BS/MS degree in life sciences preferred
• 10+ years of progressively increasing Project Management responsibility in the Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical industry
• Superior proficiency in MS Project and other MS applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• PMP certification a plus
• May supervise Scientists and Research Associates
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job 99GM to firstname.lastname@example.org. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.