If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Production Technician III in Frederick, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualified in Prod Tech duties
- Demonstrated ability to perform all process steps of upstream / downstream / central services production operations
- Primary trainer of those with less experience (and may act as interim Lead as required)
- Ability to generate SOPs, MPRs, and SPRs for equipment and procedures used in the manufacture of biological based products
- Execution of validation protocols as required
- Execute projects with minimal instruction and management oversight.
- Other duties as assigned or identified
This is a night shift position. Candidates need to be able and willing to work this shift.
- BS/BA degree preferred Associates degree and High School Diploma acceptable with experience
- 3-5 yrs experience with Bachelors, 4-6 years experience with Associates, 7-10 years with High School Diploma
- Considerable knowledge of the job.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job, and their practical applications to problems and situations commonly encountered
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP standards
- Advanced equipment knowledge to perform first line trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Good organizational skills
- Basic first-line management skills for daily operation
- Situational Self Leadership
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Freedom to Act
- Limited supervision and no instructions needed on routine work
- General instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments
- Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of material or equipment down-time.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other department, and/or representing outside organizations.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature, requiring some explanation or interpretation
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.