If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Production Technician I in Boulder, CO, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
~bsp Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Production Technician I will start in March 2017.
You will be part of our biologics manufacturing team. Once production operations commence, you will be assigned to a fixed (non-rotating) shift in our five shift structure. You will be responsible for operation of upstream / downstream processing equipment according to established Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs.) This equipment includes but is not limited to bioreactors, Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) skids, biological safety cabinets, incubators, chromatography skids, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration (UFDF) skids, autoclaves, washers, and product hold tanks. You will participate in Upstream / downstream / central services processing according to established Manufacturing Production Records (MPRs) and spell out Solution Production Records (SPRs) in accordance with cGMPs. We will provide training on these activities and you should be able to operate process equipment with intent to be qualified. You'll revise cGMP documentation and other duties as assigned. Work will be performed in an environmentally controlled (clean) area. Adherence to all safety rules including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. You will be routinely climbing stairs and/or ladders.
- Zero to one year experience with Bachelor's degree, Two years experience with Associate's degree or Four years experience with High School Diploma
- Knowledge of cGMP standards
- Basic equipment knowledge to perform first line trouble shooting and root cause analysis
- Must be available to work non-standard shift hours in support of 24/7 operations. Assigned shifts are fixed, not rotating.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds; able to occasionally sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach above shoulders
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability work in cross-functional teams
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Situational Self Leadership
- BS/BA degree
- Commercial biologics manufacturing experience
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law