BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Process Development Scientist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
The Process Development Scientist is responsible for process development of various programs, which includes suspension cell culture in bioreactor, purification and diafiltration/ultrafiltraton, lyophilization processes. This position reports directly to the director of process development and production.
• Develop and optimize bioreactor operation and for mammalian suspension cells for Virus and virus like particle production
• Supervise fermentation process for plasmid production.
• Use DOE software to design the experiment and analyze the results.
• Writing technical reports.
• Support drafting manufacturing SOPs and batch records
• Support IND CMC section writing.
• Minimum of 5 years' relevant industry experience with a M.S degree or 2 years’ experience with a Ph.D degree.
• Master or Ph. D of Science/engineering in Biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline is preferred
• Team player and quick learner
• Cell culture experience is necessary.
• Bioreactor experience is necessary
• Electroporation experience is preferred
• Anion Exchange Purification experience is preferred
• Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience is preferred
• Good data anaylsis skills
• cGMP experience is preferred
• Molecular biology and virology knowledge is preferred
• Good aseptic techniques
• Good writing skills