miRagen is currently seeking a Process Chemistry Associate I/II (PCA I/II) to conduct routine synthesis and process development. The incumbent will support the development of procedures and protocols leading to enhanced quality, purity, reproducibility, and other cost saving measures. The PCA I/II continually aims to learn new chemistries, techniques, technologies, suppliers and other advancements in oligonucleotide synthesis. Primary responsibilities include:
• Perform automated synthesis of oligonucleotides on a variety of scales and/or instruments.
• Assist with synthesis validation and optimization processes.
• Conduct downstream deprotection and/or other post-synthesis work-up.
• Ensure compliance with the finished product specifications (e.g. – yield and purity).
• Assist with instrument maintenance and synthesis reagent tracking.
• Maintain an electronic lab notebook and other records.
• Ad-hoc projects as necessary.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience in solid phase synthesis of oligonucleotides and modified biopolymers.
• Familiarity with DNA/RNA automated synthesizers.
• ÄKTA OligoPilot experience preferred but not requisite.
• Experience with laboratory automation desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Experience with ChemDraw desirable.
• Solid troubleshooting and organizational skills.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
• Good time management.