Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. Our primary therapeutic focus is oncology, including the treatment of chronic cancer pain, but we are also developing therapeutic products for other indications, including immunology and infectious diseases.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking highly motivated Process Chemists (from scientist to director level) to join our growing process development team. The positions offer unique opportunities for candidates to leverage organic chemistry, chemical biology, and protein conjugation expertise toward translational development of the company’s key product candidates.
The successful candidates will be responsible for developing scalable and robust manufacturing processes while capturing critical process parameters and critical quality attributes for Sorrento’s novel antibody-based therapeutics, including Intracellular Targeting Antibodies (iTAb), Immunomodulatory Bi-specific Antibodies and Immuno-Nanoparticle Conjugates.
The position will require, in some cases, the handling of chemicals with high toxicity, thus experience with chemical modifications of proteins is highly preferred. In addition to classical protein chromatography and standard protein assays (such as SDS-PAGE, protein assays), physicochemical test methods and analytical instruments such as HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, light scattering and mass spectrometry will be used to characterize the product, so strong analytical and interpretive skills are favored.
• Hands-on experience with chemical modifications of proteins and/or antibodies.
• Scalable process chemistry expertise.
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
And we are looking for someone with the following skills and education:
• Ph.D. or Master in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or a closed related discipline with 2+ years (5+ years for Master) of post-graduate or industrial experience in protein/antibody conjugation, characterization and analytical method development.
• Profound expertise in bioconjugation techniques and demonstrated ability to develop conjugation protocols using novel chemistries.
• Proficiency with purification and analytical techniques, including Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC), Ion-exchange (IEX), and affinity purification. Familiarity with operating AKTA and HPLC is required.
• Proven track record of scientific innovation as reflected by publications and patents
• The successful candidate should possess good oral and written skills and can communicate well in a collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
• Innovative. You'll be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
• Synergetic. You'll enjoy the fast-paced environment, and collaborative company culture.
• Rest and Relaxation. Three (3) weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, on-site wellness program.
• Benefits. Medical with HMO, PPO, HSA and FSA options, dental/vision and stock options.
• Prepared for the Future. A 401(k) with company match.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Please attach your CV and note the following job title in the subject line: PC_SC and email to Biologics@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer