Abide Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, experienced chemist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs targeting the serine hydrolase enzyme family. Abide’s mission is to develop innovative medicines that target serine hydrolases, one of the largest enzyme classes in nature with validated, but mostly untapped therapeutic potential. Abide is a privately held biotechnology company that was founded on scientific research from Professor Ben Cravatt’s laboratories at The Scripps Research Institute.
If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and enjoy creative and challenging work, Abide may be the company for you. We are currently seeking a Process Chemist to join our team.
In this role, the successful candidate will optimize the synthesis of potential drug candidate molecules directed toward the inhibition of serine hydrolases and function as part of a cross-disciplinary team to advance compounds into clinical trials. The candidate will execute process chemistry optimization of synthetic routes to lead molecules in addition to preparation of novel building blocks and key intermediates on large scale. The successful candidate will participate in discussions with contract manufacturing organizations (CMO) to enable the preparation of compounds for preclinical and clinical evaluation on multi-kilogram scale. Additionally, the candidate will engage in pre-formulation activities for lead molecules and early development of solid oral dosage forms. The successful candidate will also contribute to preparing the CMC section of IND applications and investigational medicinal product dossiers in collaboration with consultants, QA specialists and CMOs. The chemist will work independently, use databases and information tools to keep current with process chemistry trends and contribute to patent applications and publications.
• BS/MS in Organic Chemistry with 5-7 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with process chemistry, scale-up and cGMP principles; pilot plant experience a plus
• Experience interacting with CMOs
• Experience advancing compounds from discovery into Phase 1 clinical trials
• Knowledge of pre-formulation activities such as salt and polymorph selection
• Additional experience in formulation development of solid oral dosage forms preferred
• Strong collaboration skills within a cross disciplinary team setting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong publication record
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex scientific concepts to a broad audience
• Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting and organization skills
• Proficient with computers and software such as ChemDraw, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
For additional information about Abide Therapeutics, Inc. please visit our website at www.abidetx.com. In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Abide also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) Plan. Abide Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.