A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Provide input and direction into overall experimental strategy and operationally execute study campaigns that measure and characterize the efficacy of immunotherapeutic platforms when tested in murine tumor models.
Tumor Biology Research
* Apply expertise in tumor biology models, immuno-oncology related models, and translational research to understand/refine the mechanism of action responsible for preclinical efficacy of cancer vaccines and similar immunotherapeutic approaches.
* Evaluate the in vivo effects of our experimental immunotherapeutic approaches on tumor progression, on the functions of the adaptive immune system and the tumor microenvironment, and the impact of our therapeutic approaches on immune cell subsets. Primary Responsibilities
* Design, develop, characterize, implement and validate relevant in vivo immuno-oncology-related models (e.g., subcutaneous and orthotopic tumor models), models derived from primary patient samples for identifying and profiling the pharmacologic and immunologic effects of our immunotherapeutic platforms.
* Demonstrated experience in independently designing and executing experiments focused on understanding the immunologic mechanisms that modulate the adaptive immune response against tumor antigens.
* Investigate the tumor microenvironment and the causality of therapeutic approaches in overcoming the immunosuppressive microenvironment.
* Develop and execute ex-vivo organelle screening strategy and apply contemporary methodologies, e.g. 3-D tissue printing, to test for oncolysis in a variety of tissues.
Education and Experience:
* PhD in life sciences, with a focus on oncology, tumor biology and/or immuno-oncology.
* 5+ years' experience working in a laboratory setting that routinely performs in vivo and ex vivo tumor biology experiments. Additionally, has similar and deep experience working with models to characterize adaptive immune responses.
* Has demonstrated the ability to have a positive impact on others
* Effective in communication skills both verbal and written; listens and understands well. Excellent interactive skills with people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
* Proactively recognizes needs and problems, and independently identifies and implements effective steps and solutions
Technical Skills Required:
* Extensive practical experience with tumor and immuno-oncology mouse models (syngeneic, genetically engineered or humanized).
* Expert (publications and job experience) in planning in vivo and ex vivo tumor biology experiments that assess efficacy outcomes of experimental therapies.
* Solid experience in working with models that characterize adaptive immune responses especially in the tumor microenvironment.
* Practical understanding and application of statistical methods to experimental design and outcome measures.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Standing, sitting, bending, lifting, walking in a laboratory or vivarium setting.
* Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory; additional PPE requirements when working in vivarium barrier suites.
* Standard business office conditions; sitting, standing as appropriate
* Infrequent travel (generally other Pfizer sites or professional meetings)
* Must receive and maintain required vaccinations or provide satisfactory proof of same
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.